At eSavvy we believe that you can’t disconnect technology implementations from business objectives and that any system implementation will involve components of business process re-engineering, strategy transformation and change management.
eSavvy’s methodology for strategy, business process re-engineering and transformation has been tested through many engagements with large multinational and Fortune 500 companies. We have done work for many well known Australian name brands.
At it’s highest level our methodology for guiding our clients through a technology transformation includes:
- Understanding what’s possible and breaking the paradigm of what has been,
- Extensive input and consultation. Understand stakeholder requirements both inside and outside of the organisation or departments in question,
- Detailed business process as-is and to-be mapping by experienced consultants who understand the nuances of the industry in question,
- A focus on effective change management,
- An incremental approach,
- Relation of the technology change underpinning the process change back to the business objectives
The Secrets of Success and the Landmines of Failure of strategy and transformation projects
At eSavvy we’ve learnt through many strategy and transformation projects that there are a number of "secrets to success" and "landmines of failure" that every client should consider.
Keys to Success:
- Developing a business case and revisiting it throughout the implementation to ensure you are driving the benefits you said you would,
- Hiring a consultancy who can get the most out of the technology you have selected,
- Understand how the software can support the organisation’s objectives without wholesale rewrite. Configuration is preferred to customisation,
- Recognise the relationship between cost, scope and time and evaluate all the options along with the stakeholders before taking a course of action.
Common Causes of Failure:
- Lack of stakeholder engagement,
- Not developing a Solution Blueprint before selecting the software,
- Not relating the Solution Blueprint back to the Business Strategy,
- Crystallising existing processes and not taking the opportunity to change and improve the way you work,
- Blindly adopting someone else’s “best practice”. Be critical and determine the best practices for your organisation.
To find out more about our strategy and transformation services call us on 1300 799 723 or email email@example.com